Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm not following you.
My car's parked over there.


- In Smart Park?
- No, on Front Street.


Oh, I parked in Smart Park.


So, at the end of the next block
we'll separate. At Tyrone Street.


Yeah, the "Ice Land" sign is halfway.


It's the halfway... point.


Ice Land is—


It's kind of like that point
in a relationship, you know...


where you suddenly realize
it's not gonna last forever.


You know, you can
see the end in sight.


Tyrone Street.


Yeah, but we're not even there yet.


We're still at the good part.
We're not even sick of each other yet.


I'm not sick of you at all.


And wow! It's been a good
like six months, right?


What? Six months?


Then the Ice Land sign
is like eight months?


You think we'd only last
a year and a half?


I don't know. I don't
want to be presumptuous.


- I don't know if you're married or what.
- I'm not.


Well, I'm separated.
We separated last month.


I was thinking...


that Tyrone...


was like years away at least.


- Yeah?
- Yeah.


Okay. Well, actually
I was thinking...


Tyrone is, like,
when we die of old age.


And this is, like, our whole life
together, this block.


See, that's perfect.


- Let's do it that way.
- Okay.


Well, guess it can't be avoided.
Everyone dies.


I could walk you to your car.


Maybe we should just be glad...


that we lived this long,
good life together.


You know, it's so much more
than most people ever get to have.

Me and You And Everyone We Know
by Miranda July

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.